Employment Pass & Company Incorporation Procedures
The MOM (Ministry of Manpower) issues employment passes and all other work passes in Singapore.
The EP (Employment Pass) is your first step to start working in a white collar profession in Singapore which is well renumerated. This specific kind of employment visa allows you to be employed and live in Singapore for the duration of your contract. In most cases the EP is issued for a period of two to three years, after which it can be renewed. There is a range of important prerequestites to adhere to for the employment pass application process.
The labor market in Singapore.
Government agencies in Singapore, especially MOM, publish statistics on the local labor market in regular intervals. In recent years the criteria for successful EP applications have been tightened which makes it even more important to get professional advice for a successful employment pass application.
Salary levels in Singapore.
Singapore has experienced steady economic growth in recent decades. Hand in hand with that the salary levels increased consistently. Due to that growth and tightened EP application criteria, there is stiff competition for the best talent in the country these days, especially in sectors such as IT and technology.
How to apply for the Singapore Employment Pass and who issues it?
What are the requirements for a successful Employment Pass Application in Singapore?
- In order to be eligible for the employment pass, you must have a valid job offer which fulfills the employment pass criteria in Singapore. If you wish to apply via your own company, please follow the advice above.
- The employment pass applicant must be an executive with educational certificates from a recognized foreign university or other tertiary institution. Ideally he also possesses several years of work experience for the job he wishes to apply for in Singapore.
- The base salary as stipulated by the Singapore Ministry of Manpower must be 3.300 SGD or above. However, we recommend to have a higher salary than that. At least 6.500 SGD will improve the chances of a successful employment pass application outcome. The more senior a candidate is in terms of job experience, the higher the salary should be. Current salary levels can be seen at various online job sites in Singapore.
- The applicant must have a university degree from a well established foreign university.
How does the Employment Pass Application Process work?
- After you request free quotes from our pool of pre-screened employment pass agencies in Singapore, they will get in touch with you and coordinate the necessary documentation and other administrative matters.
- If the criteria for a successful employment pass application, as set out by the Ministry of Manpower in Singapore, are met the service provider will request all the necessary documentation from you. That includes copies of passport, transcripts, diplomas, reference letters and other validating material from your employer in Singapore.
- Straight after all documentation is in place, the employment pass service provider submits the application documents with the Ministry of Manpower in Singapore.
- It will take 3-5 working days to receive the outcome from Singapore’s Ministry of Manpower.
- After a successful application, you will receive the employment pass approval and notification letter from the Ministry of Manpower or your chosen employment pass application agency. You need to bring this letter along together with your individual documents to the office of Ministry of Manpower. The employment pass will be picked up there. The whole process will take around 1 hour.
- Usually every 2 to 3 years the Singapore employment pass is up for renewal. Logically the most important criteria is that you still hold the same job in Singapore at the time of renewal.